We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and customers; this policy explains how we do this.
What is the information we collect?
- To help us provide you with the best shopping experience we may collect, store and use the following kinds of information:
- Information about your visits and activity on our website - including your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation.
Why do we need this information?
- To help provide you with the most relevant products and to allow you to check you recently viewed items to make your shopping experience easier.
- Personal information you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing a product including name, address, telephone numbers and email address.
Why do we need this information?
- this information is vital to allow us to process and deliver your order. This information is shared with 3rd party suppliers such as Couriers as they also need this to deliver your order to you.
- Payment information.
- We need to take your credit or debit card information to allow us to process your payment.
- The card details you provide are fully encrypted and are not known to us or anyone else.
- We do not store any card details on our servers
- We do not pass your payment information details on to anyone else.
- Any other information that you may choose to send to us.
What do we use your information for?
Your data will be used for two broad purposes:
- Marketing communications
After 25th May 2018, in-line with new legislation, The Plasma Centre will only send marketing communications to customers who have expressly opted-in to receiving it.
- Communications relating to your purchase
The Plasma Centre reserves the right to hold personal data for contacting you with important information about your purchase(s). Namely, order and delivery confirmations, shipping and tracking information relating to your order, issues with the processing of card payments, or in the unlikely event of a product recall.
How long do we keep your information?
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
Your right to opt-out of marketing communications
- You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email from us, by choosing to opt out within your account settings within 'My Account' or by calling us on 08444 779898. Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Use of third parties
There are some instances where data is shared with third parties for the essential purpose of fulfilling your order. For example, your address is shared with our courier companies for the purpose of delivering your order. However, we only share the information that is necessary for any given purpose. Your data will never be shared with or sold to third parties for marketing purposes.
Other individual rights
From the 25th May 2018 new data protection legislation will be introduced across the EU. You can read more about the rights this legislation gives to individuals on the website of the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO). The Plasma Centre take data protection laws seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure adherence to the law.
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as "Add to Basket" and "Save for Later".
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on The Plasma Centre, these cookies will remember your preferences (such as sort order, display types etc), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
We also engage in online behavioural advertising to enhance your experience and show you products that might interest you. Like many companies, we and our advertising partners display tailored interest-based advertising using information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content, or services. Interest-based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as searching or purchasing on the Site or the App, visiting sites that contain our content or ads, interacting with our tools, or using our payment services. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook's Custom Audience service.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the "help" section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
Your rights to access your personal information
You have a right to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. Please use the contact us page to advise us.
Keeping your information
We need to hold records of your transactions with us for legal and accounting purposes. No records of card details are ever stored by us or any of our suppliers.
You can request at any time to have all data about you removed. Please contact us if you wish to do so.