Over the past 90 years, yes 90 years, Tannoy has been the undisputed leader in loudspeaker design and audio quality. Since 1930 the company has been known as one of the most innovative designers and manufacturers of loudspeaker systems and audio components. Throughout their time big names have used their products to create movies and such, for example in 1980 Vangelis composed the music to the blockbuster movie “Blade Runner” with the help of the Tannoy Dreadnought monitor. And now, in the modern day. The industry has taken off massively with many different competitors in the market such as Beats and Sony, meaning Tannoy has had to become even more creative in everything they do to be known as the weapon of choice for musicians and industry pros alike. Grammy Award-winning mixing legend Tony Maserati has mixed countless hit songs and albums on Tannoy monitors for close to three decades now. Their current line of products includes a range of home audio, home theatre and portable audio. They even custom install to someones desired needs.
At The Plasma Centre we view Tannoy as a great company with very valuable ideas that can carry on changing the world of music and design for the better. And this is why we have chosen a selection of their products to stock in our store. The available products that we have by Tannoy included in their Eclipse range are the; Mini bookshelf speaker, Three floor-standing speaker, Two floor-standing speaker, Centre speaker and the One bookshelf speaker.
- The Mini bookshelf speaker only weighs a tiny 2.9Kg whilst still producing an amplifier power of 15-120 Watts RMS.
- The Three floor-standing speaker is suitable for medium and larger sized rooms, the Eclipse Three is a substantial system upgrade for budget and more upmarket Hi-Fi systems as well as premium amplified network streamers.
- The Two floor-standing speaker is ideal for upgrading a budget audiophile system or for use with amplified network streamers, the Eclipse Two delivers a big sound from a relatively compact cabinet.
- The Centre speaker allows for various system configurations are possible with the Eclipse Centre as it will work well with either the Eclipse Mini or Eclipse One as the rear channel and Eclipse Two or Three for front left and right channel.
- The One bookshelf speaker delivers a much larger and more spacious musical presentation than its small and compact dimensions suggest.
Another range we have in store is the Mercury, this speaker offers great value for money whilst having cutting edge sound quality. The Mercury 7.2 offers up to 200 Watts peak power handling capacity ensures Mercury wont suffer from musical compression or distortion for louder listening sessions. Its wide band frequency response from 42 Hz up to over 32 kHz and wide dynamic range makes Mercury 7.2 perfect for High Resolution Audio while retaining exceptional reserve for standard audio formats.
- The Mercury 7.1 is ideal for connecting to budget stereo amplifiers or amplified network streamers, the Mercury 7.1 boasts class-leading peak power handling of 160 Watts and high 87 dB efficiency to get the best from even the smallest amplifiers.
- The Mercury 7.4 Floor-standing Speaker has been made to further enhance imaging and produce the widest sound stage, the drivers are positioned in a DAppolito driver configuration. By placing the tweeter centrally between the two bass/mid drivers, the speakers dispersion characteristics are smoothed through the critical crossover region resulting in a highly articulate musical performance on or off the loudspeakers main axis. This eliminates the traditional sweet spot to deliver peak performance across more seats in your listening room
- Mercury 7C Centre Speaker is similar to the Eclipse Centre speaker in the way that it can be combined with other speakers to increase performance to crystal clear level. Cosmetically the 7C matches the entire Mercury 7 series, the Mercury 7C is available in walnut, light oak or black oak luxury wood grain effect finish.